Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Grocery Shopping and Freezer Cooking

My Prep Chef and Official Taste Tester


I was doing this month's inventory and making my shopping/meal list and it hit me "I really need to get back into freezer cooking." So of course I hopped on over to Fish Mama's blog and was filled with new love for once a month cooking.

I can't tell you how helpful it was to have meals in the freezer when we had to move suddenly.  I can only imagine how helpful they would have been if I had discovered this technique while throwing my guts up facing a serious few months of morning sickness with this last pregnancy. 

I've already discussed the way I spread "Freezer Cooking Day" into a Freezer Cooking week so that I am less stressed.With my husband having 4 days off this weekend its the perfect time to get back into bulk cooking.   I'm sure he's looking forward to me dragging him through 3-4 stores for our monthly groceries and then watching the kids while I destroy the kitchen, er, I mean cook ahead a bunch of meals.  He's a great husband like that = )

Broccoli and Cheese Casserole

I'll do separate posts for my inventory/shopping system and then chronicle the cooking day via pictures etc.  If you want a background on my budget and meal planning you can see it here.  Some things have changed but overall I stick to what is written there.  I'm looking forward to it and can't wait to hear if y'all freezer cook or what other methods you use to get dinner on the table easily.  = )


God Bless,
Melodie

No comments:

Post a Comment